On a busy site, publishing a content object can lead to the viewcache being cleared and regenerated, with the stale content, before the full publish operation is completed.
- The whole publishing operation is wrapped in a DB transaction.
- eZ DFS operations (cache clear) are immediate (separate transactions).
Steps to reproduce, on eZ DFS:
- use apache benchmark to request an article on the public site - for example:
- while the "stress test" is running, go to the admin UI and update/publish the article.
- stop the "stress test" and check the article on the public site
- The changes to the article won't be visible (instead, the previous version is cached).
- Different siteaccesses my display the updated content correctly, if cache hasn't been generated yet.