Somehow a user's password is reset to the default password after republishing the user, even when we don't change anything.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Use an admin account to create a new user account 'test1' with password 'test1' (User accounts > some group > Create new > User)
2. Log in as user 'test1' into legacy admin and use Dashboard / Change password page to change password to 'test2'
3. Verify that password was successfully changed by logging in as 'test1' user with new password
4. Login as admin and edit 'test1' user's first name or last name (User accounts > some group > test1 > Edit). Do NOT change the password field. Also make sure browser does not autofill password field. Save the change.
5. Try to login as user 'test1' again. Notice that the password set in step 2 does not work, and password has been reset to the initial password 'test1'.
The password should remain unchanged.