We have done a soft launch of the eZ Platform demo on Platform.sh, and have run into an unusual error:
Clicking around both front and back end links will sometimes, at first produce a 500 error. We are unsure if it is time or repetition that resolves the issue, but it appears that clicking refresh successfully loads the desired view about 25% of the time. Once loaded, the view seems to persist and continues to work and be available.
Larry Garfield and David Liedle took a first pass at resolving the issue, and have run out of ideas. Things which were examined:
- Does cranking up the system's resources help? No.
- Are we clearing the cache upon installation? Yes.
- System has swap (doesn't use it), and has the expected 100% disk usage of the read-only file system.
We're asking for help from QA, Engineers, PS, and/or all concerned to figure out what is causing this problem.
To assist with reproducing the steps leading to a working environment, I will outline details below. [WIP]
Here's an active instance of mine which may exhibit this behavior for you (depending on how it feels when you click the link, of course):
Until those details are fleshed out, here are the basics:
We have done a soft launch of eZ Platform's demo as a template, available during the setup of a new Platform on Platform.sh.
- eZ Systems company account for testing
- Possible Camtasia video walk-through
- Reach out to specific eZ Systems team members
If you can lend us a hand, please comment! Thanks