After deleting the parent content, the children are also put into the trash. Even after someone restores the parent, the children still cannot be restored (information "Item's ancestors are in Trash" is still showing). This can be circumvented in eZ Platform 1.10 by using the button "Restore under a new parent", but there is no such button in eZ Platform 1.7 and this means that the children cannot be restored at all using the Platform UI.
Steps to reproduce
1. Create fresh eZ Platform installation. Go to the PlatformUI backoffice.
2. Create a Content Object with "Folder" Content Type named "Parent".
3. Inside the "Parent" Content Object, create a Content Object with "Folder" Content Type named "Child".
4. Send the "Parent" Content Object to Trash, using the "Send to Trash" button.
5. Go to the Trash, notice that there are two Content Objects there ("Parent" and "Child".
6. Restore "Parent" Content Object.
7. The "Child" Content Object still cannot be restored - under the "Location" there is still the message saying that "Item's ancestors are in Trash". Trying to restore it results in the error message "An error occurred while restoring trash item with id: /api/ezp/v2/content/trash/57. For the moment item's whose original location has been deleted can not be restored".