eZP uses a pathstring which will start with /1/2/ to perform searches.
In that pathstring, the /2 should be the main root node. By empiric knowledge, I understand that the node 2:
- Is the first node with related to a content object
- Will be the parent for all other nodes
In the same way, I understand that the node 1:
- Is not related to any content object
- Should be directly accessed by users
However, the purposes of the nodes 01 and 02 are not documented what may developers to try to use in them in ways they were not intended to.
It's important to document:
- The purpose of the nodes 01 and 02.
- That node 01 is a system only node, and should not be accessed or changed by the users and developers in their code.
As well any other relevant information on those nodes.